Thursday 5 April 2012

Hello.

   Hello. How are you? That's to be expected, I suppose. I'm fine, thank you. Oh not much, just writing my inaugural post for this brand-new blog. Dunno, really, at this stage it's not really 'about' anything I suppose I see it as a repository of things I have written and a reason to try to write more. Well, because if I have something to do with my work I'll be less inclined to leave things half-finished and un-edited; I wouldn't want to share literary detritus with you, now would I? Hmm? I suppose it is a little irritating, yes. Because I've always liked trying to fill in the other half of an overheard phone call. Well I'll stop it, then. You're welcome.
   I dabble in a number of different genres and styles because I've always enjoyed being able to switch to a different thing if the first thing starts becoming uninteresting. So, one hopes you will be able to find something you enjoy somewhere in all this. By 'this' I mean the blog once it's up and running, though if you think this post has several layers that can be enjoyed in different ways, that would be okay, too.
   I do have a number of things already written on my laptop, but I won't simply dump it all on the internet now, I'll put the good bits up as and when, probably when I feel like I've neglected you all and your burning desire to devour my literary efforts. This desire is perfectly okay, it's natural and you should not be frightened by it, just don't let it interfere with your personal life and you'll be fine.
   A thought occurs: the beginning seems a good place to explain myself, but by the time there's actually a blog to be explained this post will probably have sunk down into the ether and so be lost by people who would benefit from it. This is probably a metaphor for something. Oh well. In any case, I think this is all I have to say at the moment, I'll let you get back to your lives.
   One hopes you're well,
      Yrs,
         ADWoodward

1 comment:

  1. Bit of relief, finding something on here that makes me laugh. =)

    ReplyDelete